Creation of awareness on schooling facilities and enrollment in Domiz Camp
A two days training session was organized in Domes camp by Harikar Organization, sponsoring by UNICEF and in coordination with DOE for the 10th educators to provide them with the required information related to their mission as local committees in Domes Camp.
The training venue was assessed to make sure it is suitable for training.
Mrs. Hanan who is a sociologist was selected as a new trainee instead of Gwan. In the same day stationary and food was procured for training days.
First session: on 16/04/2013
The following topics have been discussed:
- The philosophy of education in KRG
- The importance of education in KRG
- The education system in KRG
- The education system in primary stage
- The education system in elementary stage
Second session: on 17/04/2013
The following has been discussed:
- Role of the trainees in education mission.
- How to visit schools inside the camp
- How to supervise and carry the mission out
- Functional description for working committee
In conclusion, the lecturer reviewed all information in summary.
- A meeting was arranged to identify 30 surveyors. Identification was done based on the following:
1 -Willing to work.
2 -Geographical locations at the camp and keeping the gender balance in mind.